Workshop designed to share information on how to apply for scholarships. The event speaker will be Anthony Zhong, a MD Candidate with Harvard Medical School. He has extensive knowledge of scholarship applications and can also give a perspective of a second generation immigrant in Canada.
ASPIRE AC students are students who face multiple barriers to get their college credentials, and who may need individualized support and services to access, transition to, and succeed at college.
- First-generation students (the first in their family to attend college/university)
- Students who are new to Canada
- Indigenous peoples
- LGTBQ students
- Students who were in extended society care
- Persons with disabilities
- Mature students (Second Career, retraining, etc.)
- Students who identify with diversity groups
- Students facing socio-economic or other challenges