RAISE | Refugee and Immigrant Supports to Employment
RAISE supports refugee clients with limited official language proficiency and work experience within the Hospitality, Trades, Service Industry, Childcare, and Healthcare sectors to obtain and maintain employment.
Through the support of Mentors pre and post-employment, clients develop their language skills specific to their workplace, increasing their knowledge of the Canadian workplace culture whilst participating in society.
In partnership with Ottawa employers; EmployMENTORS the program incorporates a training subsidy as an incentive for employers to develop individual learning plans for the client.
Through the support of Mentors clients receive;
- Introduction to employers for job opportunities
- Pre-Induction support; employment workplace rights, health and safety certifications (WHIMS), tailored information related to their place of employment
- Employment maintenance and job development support
- Workplace Language Training through the support of volunteer Language Trainers
Make An Impact – Become an EmployMENTOR
Join our growing group of Ottawa employers engaged to support Refugee clients with employment and skills development opportunities;
- Introductions to clients with valuable skills required for the Ottawa Labour Market
- Training subsidies in partnership with the province
- Pre-Induction training supports for the prospective employee tailored to their HR policies
- Post-employment support by dedicated Mentors to ensure employment maintenance
- Workplace Language Training by dedicated volunteer Language Trainers
For more information on joining as a client or employer of choice (EmployMENTOR) contact;
Refugee and Immigrant Supports to Employment (RAISE) Project Facilitator
Tel: 613-725-5671 Ext: 333