The Settlement and Integration Program assists immigrants and refugees through the provision of multilingual and multicultural services in order to facilitate their successful adaptation and integration processes in Canada.
Our settlement staff works with a broad range of community service providers and partners to enhance collective community settlement and integration capacities and to sensitize the mainstream services providers to be more responsive to the needs of newcomers in Ottawa.
Our experienced staff will accompany you through your journey as a newcomer to Ottawa by:
- Assessing your needs and building a settlement plan with you.
- Helping you find information and orientation on education, employment, social services, financial literacy, housing, health system, legal system and more.
- Referring you to available OCISO services and/or specific services in the community based on your needs.
- Providing you with information and orientation on immigration, citizenship and sponsorship procedures, including Group of Five sponsorship.
- Supporting you and your family in your overall well-being and advocating for your rights.
- Inviting you to social opportunities as individuals, families and seniors.