We are pleased to announce the launch of this year’s Marion Dewar Scholarship Fund (MDSF).
The Marion Dewar Scholarship Fund was established by OCISO in 2009, in honour of the late Marion Dewar, former Mayor of Ottawa. The goal of the fund is to provide financial support for three immigrant and refugee students going on to post-secondary education in the National Capital Region. Three MDSF awards of $1,500 will be provided in 2021.
All MDSF candidates must:
- Be a resident of the National Capital Region.
- Be an immigrant or refugee.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a graduating senior from a high school or from another accredited secondary institution in the National Capital Region.
- Be pursuing a degree/diploma/certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution in the National Capital Region.
- Have a good academic standing: A minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or 80%.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and community involvement.
How to Apply for the MDSF
All candidates must complete the application form found here.
The deadline for applications to the MDSF is April 23, 2021. We encourage all candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.