INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position: Ref 613 Project Assistant
Term: Summer 2021, June – August (8 weeks, Full Time, 35hrs/week)
Reports to: Stakeholder Liaison, Refugee 613
Are you a young professional with an organized mind and office experience? Do you have a proven flair for planning and making sure every detail is covered? Are you passionate about using your skills to make a difference in the world? Refugee 613 needs you this summer!
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613
Refugee 613 is a communications organization created by a network of service providers, refugee sponsors and community volunteers. We provide our partners and the public with information, connection and inspiration to improve the welcome and integration of refugees. As part of our commitment to actively work to dismantle systemic racism, we strive to ensure equity and inclusion are embedded in our internal practices and services. Our small, energetic and diverse team highly values life experience, curiosity and creativity. We work hard, laugh a lot and care deeply about what we do.
The Project Assistant position, funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program to provide employment experience to youth under the age of 30, will provide key operational support to the Refugee 613 team. Specifically, this role includes helping to maintain strong and supportive community outreach as well as internal administrative support for staff.
- Assist the Director and Refugee 613 staff with stakeholder support, including answering email inquiries and providing referrals.
- Administrative tasks as required, including scheduling, meeting coordination, emails and contact database management.
- Support research activities as needed.
- Assist with planning and executing events including workshops and webinars.
- Supporting stakeholder communications as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach.
- Age between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Enrolled as a post-secondary student in the previous academic year and intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Experience with office management and administrative tasks, such as scheduling, including communicating with external partners
- Demonstrated ability to write clear communications in English
- Experience planning and delivering meetings, learning events and social events
- Highly motivated, creative and organized
- Strong customer service approach to managing relationships with external partners
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English required; proficiency in French and/or third language considered an asset
- Ability to work with a small, mission-driven team in a sensitive, respectful manner
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Proficiency with the full MS Office Suite, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
How to Apply:
NOTE: Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered
Please send the following documents to Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator: [email protected], by June 18, 2021 at 5 pm:
- A cover letter, with the following file name: NAME_ProjectAsst_CoverLetter
- A resume with the following file name: NAME_ ProjectAsst_Resume
- Cover letter: Please include in your application a cover letter summarizing in less than 250 words how you meet the Qualifications, listed above. Do not just list your work history in your cover letter. Show us your ability to write clear, concise and engaging letters!
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com