Position: Project Facilitator/Job Developer – Workplace Language Training – RAISE
Term: Part-time: 21 hours per week, October 2021 – March 2022
Reports to: Manager, Community Economic Development Program
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Community Economic Development team, the incumbent works closely with the, Refugee and Immigrants Support to Employment (RAISE) team to engage employers, on board Volunteer Workplace Language trainers and supports the delivery of group and 1-1 Workplace Language training to employees of collaborating employers – (Employ MENTORS).
Overall, the incumbent will facilitate the delivery and testing of the developed 10-module customer-service focused onsite Workplace Language Training (WLT) curriculum with the support of the Manger and RAISE linguistic specialists.
WLT a core pillar of the Refugee and Immigrants Support to Employment program (RAISE) was developed by Carleton University – Applied Linguistics research team in collaboration with OCISO to support newcomers with lower English proficiency levels (CLB 3-5) and work experience/training in customer service occupations.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with Ottawa employers (Employ MENTORS), with support of RAISE team
- Participate on internal committees and leads the projects Advisory Committee
- Facilitates project coordination; reports, risk mitigation strategy, stakeholder engagement, marketing strategy
- Coordinate volunteer language tutors; recruits, on boards and retains volunteers to deliver workplace language training
- Provides training to volunteer language tutors, facilitates matches and provides support throughout their match
- Supports the evaluation and testing of the 1-1 and group Workplace Language Training sessions
- Ensure high standards of service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy framework
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- University degree or certificate/college diploma related to project management and/or marketing, social work, employment coaching or a related field; TESL certified and advantage
- 3+ years of experience in the area of project facilitation/coordination and/or teaching English as a second language
- Proven experience engaging diverse stakeholders
- Excellent program coordination, organizational, and presentation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Volunteer coordination experience an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with mainstream computer applications, database software and on-line learning platforms
- Fluent in English – Arabic and/or French desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
Salary & Benefits: $48000 to $50,300 annually (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plans and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: September 24th 2021 – Friday
Application Process: Please rename your cover letter and resume with your “First name_position title” (Chandan_HR Administrator) before applying and send to Chandan Rathaur, HR Administrator: [email protected]
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining OCISO. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com