Position: LINC Childminder (Supply)
Term: Casual / On-Call
Reports to: Supervisor of Childminders
Location: 1800 Bank Street
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Childminder will implement a program which contributes to the physical, social, emotional, language and cognitive development of participating children in an environment that encourages respect for the values, customs and traditions of all cultures.
- Provide care to children aged 6 months to 10 years within the Childminder setting.
- Help children develop a passion for learning
- Approach a child's first learning years with enthusiasm and dedication
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Childminders; facilitate the delivery of a program which contributes to the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of infant, toddler and pre-school children
- Provide referrals to community programs
- Provide services to parents and children in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner;
- Develop appropriate activities and games for the children
- Promotes health and hygiene to prevent the spread of illness by following best practices for hand washing, diapering, food preparation, and regular cleaning routines including sanitization of toys, kitchen, and other surfaces
- Keeps records pertinent to the program i.e. Attendance, Incidence etc.
- Follows policies and procedures as outlined by the Ministry in accordance with licensing policies and OCISO policies
- Performs other duties as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned
- ECE diploma preferred
- Experience working with infant, toddler, and pre-school children and their parents
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Valid emergency First Aid with CPR certificate or must be willing to obtain within a set time frame
- Valid Food Safe Certificate or must be willing to obtain within a set time frame
- Good communication skills and ability to take initiative
- Fluency in English
- The ability to communicate in additional languages is an asset
Salary and Benefits: $19.08 per hour
Application Deadline: On-going hiring, no deadline to apply.
Application Process: Please rename your cover letter and resume with your "First name_position title" (e.g., Chandan_HR Adminitrator_Letter or Resume) before applying and send it to Chandan Rathaur at [email protected]
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, especially women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities. OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavour to provide accommodation to people with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Please note, after the hiring process is complete and before joining, OCISO requires successful candidates to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination document as a condition of employment, subject to an Ontario Human Rights Code exemption.
Thank you for your interest in joining OCISO. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration.