INTERNAL/EXTERNAL OCISO JOB POSTING
Position: Human Resources Administrator
Term: Full time – 35h/week – June 2021 – Indefinite
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Human Resources Administrator under the direction of Chief Human Resources Officer will play an essential role in supporting the coordination and implementation of human resource initiatives, policies and practices essential to creating and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative organizational culture.
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer in the development HR procedures and policies and maintains procedures manuals.
- Maintains employee records and files through Human Resources Management System (WFN), and ensures their confidentiality.
- Introduces, in consultation with Chief Human Resources Officer, programs and tools that facilitate the management of HR.
- Ensures HR policies are consistent with legislative requirements, and that HR procedures and practices are consistent with organizational policies.(employment standards, health and safety, ministry of labour etc)
- Provides HR advice and training to OCISO staff and keeps them informed of trends and practices in HR and changes in legislative requirements.
- Ensures appropriate processes and controls are in place to identify and manage risks to OCISO.
- Oversees the employee recruitment and selection process (position postings, participates in selection interviews, prepares letters of offer and employment contracts).
- Provides onboarding supports to new hires including arranging for phone and email setup, providing an organizational overview and employee manual.
- Recommends and oversees employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- In coordination with the Chief Human Resources Officer maintain performance management processes and procedures.
- Provides assistance to the Staff Advisory Committee and be an active member of Health and Safety Committees.
- Maintain organization security system.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer
- Assist Chief Human Resources Officer in special projects like AGM, annual staff meeting etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or combination of relevant post-secondary education and related experience.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience preferably in a social and community services.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management System
- Demonstrated professional and confidential work ethic
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with mainstream computer applications and database software
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Fluent in English – essential, French desirable
Salary & Benefits: $45,500 – $47,300 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: June 18th, 2021 by 5:00pm.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Agnieszka Wedrychowicz, HR & Operations Manager: [email protected], Fax: (613) 288-2674
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Coordinator upon scheduling your interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org