Job Title: Employment Counsellor (Job Search Workshop Facilitator)
Term: Part Time – 17.5 hours/week, October 2021 – Indefinite
Reports to: Manager, Community Economic Development
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Job Search Workshops Facilitator provides pre-employment information, guidance and support to internationally trained individuals. Based within Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO), the individual is a member of the Job Search Workshop team, supported and coordinated by World Skills. This individual is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals; facilitating JSW workshops and providing one-on-one employment counselling services to eligible OCISO clients. This half time position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help newcomers integrate into the Canadian workplace.
• Provide one-on-one intake, assessment and referral services to clients
• Provide appropriate employment coaching/support and follow through as needed
• Follow-up on client progress and tracking after service delivery
• Enter information into centralized profile tracking system and database.
• Facilitate pre-employment sessions for groups and contribute to their development where required
• Contribute to reports and other publications requiring data and testimonials
• Participate in on and off-site staff and team meetings
• Participate in outreach activities when required
• Actively contribute to the efficient functioning of the organization
• Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti-oppression policy within the work environment and in the community.
• Post-secondary education and experience in a related field
• Effective interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural communication.
• Background in adult education and learning principles an asset
• Experience facilitating groups and providing individual counselling
• Experience in language assessment is an asset
• Knowledge of immigration and labour market trends
• Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in French and/or other languages is an asset
• Strong presentation, writing and organizational skills
• Strong intercultural and communication skills
• Sensitivity to, and understanding of, issues of concern to the immigrant community
• Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet based productivity tools and databases.
Salary & Benefits: $48000 to $50,120 annually (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plans, extended health, dental, RRSP Group plans and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: September 24th 2021 – Friday
Application Process: Please rename your cover letter and resume with your “First name_position title” (Chandan_HR Administrator) before applying and send to Chandan Rathaur, HR Administrator: [email protected]
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining OCISO. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com