The Foreign Credential Recognition Program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive experience as you are navigating the Canadian work landscape while benefiting from the combined services and experience from a coalition of organizations. Services include:
- Credential assessment plan provided by Lebanese and Arab Social Services Agency
- Employment search skills provided by World Skills Employment Centre
- Mentorship with a professional in your field provided by Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization
- Microloans up to $15,000 to support professional development activities provided by Ottawa Community Loan Fund
What is Foreign Credential Recognition Mentorship Program (FCRP Mentorship)?
The FCRP Mentorship supports internationally trained professionals to obtain employment within the regulated professions including health-related, law, engineering, teaching and more. FCRP Mentorship matches newcomer clients with Mentors who are Ottawa-based licensed/certified professionals within their given regulated professions.
FCRP Mentors have:
- At least 2 years of work experience in Ottawa in your field
- Contacts in employment and professional networks
- Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Sensitivity to employment and cultural transition experiences
- Commitment to a mentoring relationship
FCRP Mentors have the opportunity to:
- Enhance cross-cultural competency and technical knowledge
- Develop career coaching and leadership skills
- Receive professional development training
- Lead the way to help newcomers integrate economically and participate fully in our society!
Eman Elgamal (Project Coordinator Foreign Credential Recognition Program, FCRP)
613-725-5671 ext. 232