Walking in the Boots – Information Session
February 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| free
Do you have a passion for working with people, the outdoors, plants, design, the environment?
Are you interested in a career in the Landscape & Horticulture Profession?
Do you want to know more about opportunities to grow your career?
Attend this information session about our Walking in the Boots training program that begins in March 2020!
Background on Walking in the Boots Training Program:
- FREE 6-week training program starts in March 2020.
- Develop your skills and knowledge to work in the Landscape & Horticulture Profession.
- Program offers: Hands-on vocational skills training to prepare you for a job in the Landscape & Horticulture sector.
- Health & Safety, WHMIS, First Aid training and certification included.
- Employability skills training including soft skills, job search strategies, interviewing, resume preparation and more.
- One on one Employment Counselling & Mentorship support.
- Explore pathways, including apprenticeship and enrolling in a post-secondary program.
To be eligible for the Walking in the Boots training program, you must:
✓ Identify as a visible minority newcomer woman
✓ Have English proficiency Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5+
✓ Be a Permanent Resident of Canada or a protected person and/or convention refugee with a valid work permit
✓ Live in Ottawa
To register, please contact:
613-725-5671, ext. 287