The Career Mentoring Program supports internationally educated professionals to obtain employment in their field. Clients are matched with a volunteer Career Mentor working in the same or a related field.
How It Works?
Mentors and mentees meet weekly. During these meetings the mentor will offer guidance and support with respect to:
• Career objectives
• Canadian workplace language, culture and etiquette
• Employment research strategies
• Employer engagement strategies
• Networking opportunities - Informational meetings, Networking events, Professional associations, etc.
• Employment application preparation
• Resume, cover letter & interview preparation
• Overall guidance and encouragement
The Career Mentoring Program is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Landed Immigrant or Convention Refugee
• Internationally educated
• Language Assessment level 6 or higher
• Ontario resident
• Employment ready
For more information, contact:
Karyn Steer , Mentorship Facilitator
Tel: 613-725-5671 ext 297