OCISO's Community Development Program (CDP) is an institutional capacity building program working with groups, coalitions, associations and individuals who are focused on the contributions that immigrants and refugees bring to Canada. The Program assists these groups, associations and individuals to seek funding and administer community projects. It employs an asset-based, social entrepreneurial approach, focused on expanding partnerships; project implementation and program development.
We assist with:
• Assessing the needs for community development projects with regards to ethnic and minority communities.
• Identifying and implementing appropriate programs, services and resources to meet community development needs.
• Working as a liaison between mainstream, ethnic and minority communities.
• Offering technical support to ethnic and minority community organizations such as proposal writing, grant applications, incorporation, etc.
• Supporting program development and implementation.
• Cooperating with partners and other service organizations to improve services to New Canadians.
• Identifying and strengthening New Canadian community leaders.
• Promoting civic engagement.
For more information contact:
Wali Farah, Director of Programs
Phone: 613-725-5671 ext. 309